I think I need counselling?

Firstly, we are pleased that you have made the first step in seeking support. We understand that it is OK to feel down sometimes and that talking to someone can really help. Counselling aims to give you space to talk though how you’re feeling and can provide a supportive space for you to talk. You will be able meet on a regular basis with the same counsellor.  

If you are under 18 you will need a trusted adult (parent/teacher/GP) to help you complete the form. 

Are you a professional looking to refer a young person for counselling?

You will be able to refer a young person that you are working with by completing our online referral form and sending this to counselling.referrals@ymcaworcestershire.org.uk. The Youth Counselling Service is currently focused within the Redditch, Bromsgrove, Kidderminster and Worcester districts. If you are wanting to refer a young person from outside this area please contact us at the above email address and we will try to accommodate you. 

 Please send your completed referral form to counselling.referrals@ymcaworcestershire.org.uk 

In need of immediate help?

This is not a 24-7 emergency facility. We will do all we can to assign you a counsellor as soon as possible. If you require immediate help you can access Young Minds 247 helpline https://youngminds.org.uk/find-help/get-urgent-help/

You can also call Childline for free to speak to someone about what’s happening and how you’re feeling.
Find your local NHS urgent mental health helpline (England only) for 24-hour advice and support. https://www.nhs.uk/service-search/mental-health/find-an-urgent-mental-health-helpline

If you are an adult in crisis, Samaritans have a free helpline you can call. It’s open 24 hours, 365 days of the year. They also offer email support.