We offer mentoring in schools to support young people with a variety of struggles they may be facing. Our mentors predominantly work 1-1 and work with young people to:
- Identify any barriers to learning
- Complete SMART target-setting to develop an action plan for moving forward around issues
- Offer guidance and support with academic, personal and domestic issues
- Provide opportunities for students to develop self-esteem and confidence
- Work collaboratively with other professionals to support students and their parents and carers
- Monitor review and re-assess progress with their mentee
Our mentoring programme aims to:
- Target and reduce factors that contribute directly to poor life outcomes, such as school exclusion, poor educational attainment and underdeveloped communication skills
- Help raise student aspirations, attainment, self-confidence and overall academic performance
- Engage proactively with young people to deter and divert them from anti-social behaviour and risk of offending
Young Person Feedback
Life Skills Programme
Using a structured and thematic approach our facilitators use presentations, class discussions, and break-out group work that invites students to take ownership of their personal growth.
The programme aims to:
- Equip, support and encourage students to make more informed and positive choices in their lives
- Provide a safe environment where students can speak about their choices, their thought processes and what they want to achieve
- Provide personal development skills and strategies that increase interpersonal communication skills that improve academic and family life
You will have the ability to choose from a catalogue of over 50 sessions that best suit your students and their needs. Programme sessions can be based on any number of relevant topics such as staying safe, knife crime, anti-social behaviour, personal and career development, health and well-being, mental health, relationships etc. and can be tailored to fit in with PHSE curriculum areas.
Criminal Exploitation Workshops
We also offer a programme, targeted towards young people who are at risk of criminal exploitation. In these workshops, we cover topics including, healthy and unhealthy relationships, drugs and alcohol, county lines and more.
We currently have funding for this term! If your school is interested, get in touch as soon as possible to secure your slot!
Do you want Mentoring, Life Skills or Criminal Exploitation Workshops at your school?
If you are interested in any of our school offers or require any further information, we would love to hear from you!
Please get in contact with Youth and Communities Manager, Michael Hall on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07716 637042